Always correlating...in Sophie Kinsella's Can You Keep a Secret?, Emma is trying to convince her grandfather to dispose of a bunch of attic junk, and she is trying to help him go through the stuff. 'You don't need this, do you?' she asks over and over, to simply be rebuffed with his explanations of the meaningfulness of every single item! Emma picks up an old yo-yo and her grandfather wistfully explains how the yo-yo belonged to Jimmy, a boy he befriended when he was 10 years old for only a day, and he never saw Jimmy again, but he'll never forget him.
I laughed until the tears streamed when I heard that, as I sometimes feel about that corny and nostalgic! Anyhow, I had to share that, as my post below makes me unofficially Emma's grandfather!
Unfortunately, my young'uns and husband are the exact same way... We're a household of ridiculous sentimentality! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment