Tuesday, July 29, 2008

2nd Happiness Class

Last night was our second happiness class.  Lots of interesting points, which were mostly review.  I did learn something absolutely new, though.  Disabled folks are generally just as happy or happier than they were before they became disabled!  This excludes, of course, the several months of adjustment after becoming disabled.  I'd never have guessed, as I thought I'd probably prefer not to even live that way.  Despite my surprise, I immediately knew why--it's because they've learned that they can face adversity and still be okay.  Their perspectives have shifted.  Interesting, huh?

My new homework is to do 3 acts of kindness each day--extra, beyond my normal activities.  Wow.  I'm stumped, but hopefully it'll come easily if I keep it in mind.
 
I realized that the gratitude list was incredibly easy for me, as I'm a grateful person.  The kindness thing, though...well!


With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.

No comments: