Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Braces

I now have braces on my upper teeth!  They're uncomfortable, but, frankly, they don't feel as bad as the spacers did (for now, at least).  Michael looked quizzical and asked "aren't they supposed to be in a straight line?" after he finished laughing at how 'cute' I looked in my new braces (i.e. like a 12 year old!).  I answered, "eventually!", as, of course, the uneven line is why I have the braces!  Honestly, though, I had the same initial reaction.
 
I dreamt last night about putting on one of those thick, huge black leather droopy belts from the 80's (making a V in the front, you know).  It was striking me as so 80's and out of style in the dream.  Anyhow, I laughed when I woke up and realized that the belt was a metaphor for the braces--which I should have gotten in the 80's and which would have been more in style then (when I thought braces were so pretty)!  Also, I put the belt over a long white sweater--white for teeth!  The braces/belt wrap the teeth/sweater!  Okay, not rocket science, but it's still kinda fun.

Michael's foot is doing a good bit better today.  No major bruising, swelling is way down, and he's been putting limited pressure on the foot, which is a good sign to me, though I keep reminding him not to.  He is going to be hobbling around on crutches for quite a while.


The i'm Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.

No comments: