Monday, August 4, 2008

Happiness Dropout

The third Happiness class was today, and I'm afraid I might be a Happiness dropout! I gave up on that kind acts homework, as it seemed to be causing more stress than anything, and our new homework is to spend 20-30 minutes several times this week recording our goals for 1 year, 5 years, and 10 years. I was a bit perturbed at this, as my understanding is that goal-setting and focus has little to do with happiness. However, when I asked him if goal-setting was related to happiness in studies, he simply responded that my goal-setting would be related to happiness if happiness was my goal and focus! I thought that was a great answer, but I'm not on the bandwagon... We'll see, I suppose. I'm really pretty happy, and I think the instructor has some great information and the class is entertaining, but I think my discriminating mind works against his chipper presentation. It may not be the best fit for me! I did want to relay the new homework, though, as it could be useful to do.

No comments: