I've just begun a 5 week course at my church entitled 'Pursuing Happiness'. I was actually quite pleased with the first class. It's being taught by author and psychologist Robert Pawlicki, whose specialty is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I'm not sure I learned anything new, but it was a nice reminder that it is our interpretation of events which determines how we feel. Anyway, sometimes it just helps to be reminded of what we already know.
There are several scientifically validated factors that help in increasing 'Happiness', and my homework for this week is to record 5 things that I'm grateful for each night. We'll get a new focus next week. Dr. Pawlicki reminded us that achieving happiness, much like losing weight, is dependent on our self-discipline, and that we will need to continue the things that help us to be happier on a consistent basis. This class is also meant to give us some experience with various known factors, so that we can determine for ourselves which factors help us the most in our quest for happiness.
A sidenote: Michael hurt his ankle tonight in taekwondo. It looks really swollen. I'll update this in the next day or two with how he's doing with it.
Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started.
No comments:
Post a Comment