Thursday, July 10, 2008

PTA conference, Lasik & Dieting Tip!

I'm off to a PTA conference this weekend. I'm actually a bit nervous, as I won't know anyone very well and actually feel a bit like a kid who is going off to camp! I typically have my crew with me, or at least my car, but I'm carpooling and sharing a room with another PTA officer who seems totally nice, but who I don't know really well.
Also, today is my final check-up post-Lasik surgery. Everything seems to be going well, though my eyes do take a while to get clear in the morning. I think it's dry eyes, which they tell me lasts for a few months. Otherwise, they seem pretty great--though I haven't done much book reading since Lasik and I'm not sure if that might not be because my eyes don't like looking up close quite as much. It's so nice to be able to see the kids when I'm in the water at the beach or pool, especially, and poor Michael has to endure my teasing now when he's looking for his glasses and I don't need mine!
Now that I'm finishing up with Lasik, it's time for braces! Actually, it was time for braces about 20 years ago, but I'm finally getting them! Anyhow, I have the separators already between my teeth, in preparation for the upper braces on Tuesday, and my mouth is so sore that it's hard to eat. I hadn't realized that braces would be such a good way to enforce calorie restriction compliance! :)

2 comments:

Toni W said...

Have fun at the conference!
Glad to hear the Lasik went well. Miss you guys,
Toni

Anonymous said...

When did I have to look for my glasses?
Michael