Monday, September 12, 2011

A Transient Blessing

I am trying to relegate myself to the idea that our new UU minister will only be with us for one year.  Reverend Amy Kindred is only an interim minister for us, but I'm ecstatic to have her with us for any length of time.  I liked our last interim minister fairly well--quite well, as a matter of fact, but Rev. Kindred has given three sermons to my raptly listening ears thus far, and I've adored them all.  In the first, she referred to paranormal phenomena; in the second, she discussed poetry; and, finally, in yesterday's sermon, she discussed us congregants through the metaphor of fish and seaweed.  I'm dazzled! 
Again, I will put out my hope here--that the Ministerial Search committee will realize what a treasure she is and that we will get to sign her on as our full-time, permanent minister!  Oops...I forgot my resolution to try to fully appreciate her for the time that she is with us--for that is significant, too, regardless of long-term developments, right?  Me and my end-product mindset--sheesh!  That was actually supposed to be the point of this blog--how even just a year of sermons can be a significant, meaningful factor in my life.  Everything doesn't have to be permanent!  (Yes, I'm preaching to myself now, but I probably won't listen and will just obsess about the endpoint!  It's very hard to sway my stubborn mind, once it fixates on something!)

No comments: