Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Nerd Story, Please

Just thought I'd relate a humorous tidbit from this morning...  I've been listening to the 'Intellectual Devotionals' by Kidder & Oppenheim lately, and I had them playing this morning while the kids ate breakfast. 
Now, we're big fans of stories on audio CDs.  We often listen to children's literature while taking trips in the car, and even while cleaning at the house and such.  Anyhow, when I pause the story in the car (which I do frequently), the kids will generally chime, "Story, please!" in unison if I don't resume the CD in a timely fashion. 
So, this morning, I'd paused the CD, which was in the midst of discussing some sort of historic peace treaty (no, I can't remember the name of it!), and was pleasantly surprised by Alex's eventual, "Nerd story, please!"  He's a funny little fellow, isn't he? 

No comments: