Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Silk: Caroline's Story is Being Processed!

It's 5 a.m., and I'm wiped from racing to publish my e-book today.  Why?  Oh, silly reason...I read that today would be the best day of the month for sales and marketing.  However, the moon's position suggested that it needed to be done early in the day, hence my all-night stint! 
Did it really take that long to upload?  No, of course not.  I was intent on one final read-thru of the printed version after umpteen zillion edits.  I pushed so hard, though, that I may very well have done a shoddy final edit.  Thankfully, I think all non-spacing glaring errors have been corrected (or, um, well, I suppose maybe I didn't see them). 
You know the funny thing about edits?  If you actually change much at all, you leave feeling like, "I suppose it needs just one more edit, right?"  So, even though I only rearranged a few sentences, I'm quite worried that I implanted a typo in my sentence shifting.  It's possible!
Oh, the subtitle was added to distinguish it from the many other books entitled Silk out there.  And, don't forget, I'm listed under the pen name Sophia Alexander.
Ironically, I thought the upload would be immediate, but it can take a while, meaning that my book will probably go out precisely in that time frame that I was striving to avoid.  But MY efforts were in the right time, right?  Hopefully so...not sure if my book gets a life of it's own now, but it sort of seems so in my mind--like it's fledging!
Wish us luck then--me and my baby!   Tapestry is soon to follow, but Homespun will take a while longer.

No comments: