Michael and I just finished the 5th season of Desperate Housewives last night. We have gotten into a 'date night' habit of watching our shows after getting the kids to bed. At first, we watched television shows because movies were deemed too long, but we have somehow gotten to the point where we'll watch two episodes at bare minimum, once we get started. This is wonderful for me, as I can often catch a nap the next day if needed, and Michael will literally spend hours rubbing my feet as we watch. I'm as spoiled as can possibly be! It's totally fantastic, though I do feel a tad guilty!
We have gone through all seven seasons of The Gilmore Girls as well, which did start the whole nighttime show habit to begin with...
Meanwhile, for our exercise routines, we both are watching more action-based shows, like the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series (currently season 6) and Angel, the spin-off series (now watching season 3) while we elliptical. We don't typically exercise at the same time, and I tend to have more time than him, so I have completed some other shows on my own--most notably all five seasons of Alias.
Anyhow, if you add up the hours that we've devoted to these stories, it is quite impressive. Michael and I have our own private cultural literacy and references that we throw at one another these days. He's clever about sending me texts like "oy with the poodles already!" (a Gilmorism) and such.
Ironically, we do NOT have cable. I refuse to get cable. Not because I don't like it, but because I'd be completely addicted to the TV all the time. Absolutely unhealthy for me, as I'm already having trouble with moderation! Oh, and there's also the fact that I think it would be unhealthy for the kids, and I'd like to screen what they are viewing for some time.
Anyhow, I am at heart a TV bug. I love stories and fantasy. For now, though, Michael and I are going to try to take a break with the TV date nights, at least for a bit, now that we've finished this last show. We need to shift the balance back towards moderation and let him get some sleep!
1 comment:
As Master Richard once commented: "You can always sleep when you're dead!"
Post a Comment