Life is still mellow here for the summer. We're breaking up the relaxed days with summer camp just for this week. Alex is doing a 'sword camp' this week at our taekwondo school, and Fiona chose to go to Splish-Splash camp with her best friend Lillian. The week has flown by, and we'll be free to relax for the next 3 weeks before school and activities consume us again!
Since I've hurt my knee, I've been Nordictracking for my exercise. I watch TV series that I get from the library or buy on CD while exercising--as 1 episode is generally just over 40 minutes, which seems a nice amount of time generally. Anyhow, I've been through the first season of Alias recently, which was fantastic, and before that I finished the third season of Charmed. I like to stick with action-type films for exercising, as I tend to stop working out and just lean against the machine when I watch drama or suspense, to some degree. Anyhow, we're now on Desperate Housewives, season 1, which is not action, but which I'm so taken with that I've been exercising to it anyhow! I say "we" because Michael came and joined me last night to watch it for several hours--vegging on the couch! It's a fun show.
I'm actually waiting for season 2 of Alias to arrive at the library, though, honestly! It's really fun to watch some TV, as I actually don't tend to see it much when my knee is well--and we don't have cable.
The kids have recently discovered the joy of watching television shows on the internet--something I haven't ever done myself! I guess they've discovered a way to get around that lack of cable impediment to a normal modern childhood!
No comments:
Post a Comment