Life is a whirlwind! I am in the midst of working on novel #3--yes, the final installment of the Silk trilogy. Meanwhile, we are working on my grandparents' home--and loving it. I have grand plans for a writing parlour, which is the first serious renovation. Today involved coats of Killz latex primer on al the trim (takes forever to apply, just like the paint will!).
Mother's Day was a beautiful, wonderful day. Fiona wrote a lovely poem and I was given gifts and petted and given space to write...it was perfect. I realized that it has become my very favorite holiday, as it's the only holiday where I'm not worried about making it nice for everyone else!
Michael and I will be celebrating our 18th Anniversary on Sunday...yes, we're relics! Can you believe?
The kids are currently busy with running back and forth to their Greeleyville home, school, a fencing class, and their ever-present piano practice. Speaking of that, we have a wonderful old turn of the century piano that we found at the ReStore--that's been an exciting process of moving it, tuning it, and looking it up. I still hope to get it dated, and we're suspecting 1890's-ish! I've been loving it in the old home.
Looking forward to Fiona's ninth birthday this week as well. My baby's growing up!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment