Thursday, January 15, 2009

A New Kitchen Toy

After seeing my neighbor make her daughter a grilled cheese sandwich that looked more like 2 hot pockets in a sandwich maker, I've been contemplating acquiring one, with the major hold-up being space issues!  In spite of those issues, I picked one up yesterday, and I'm quite excited about it! 
 
I rationalized, somehow, that this was actually a 'space-saver' because it has interchangeable grilling plates.  There's the 'Hot Pocket' or Turnover plates, the waffle iron, and, my favorite, the one with parallel compression lines somewhat like a traditional grill; it reminds me of the sandwiches at the Barnes & Noble Cafe.  We spray the plates with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which is a big part of the taste.  Alex, with a mile-wide smile, kept spouting about the 'fatty goodness' of his millet bread sandwich last night.  I was happy to see that it worked for his dense bread!  Needless to say, I found the perfect warm temperature and light grilling of my sandwiches absolutely delicious!  
 
I made gluten-free waffles this morning for the kids, and they loved them... 
 
I'm delighted to have a new, novel kitchen toy.  This is the biggest kitchen excitement since my English muffin toaster/egg poacher!  I'm sure I've had over a hundred of those 'McMuffins' in the past year!  At least!
 
 


Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out.

No comments: