Whew! I just got back from a 3 hour Lasik consultation/eye exam. The coolest thing was that my eyes have improved from about -3.5 to a -2 prescription strength. The optometrist was amazed! She did say that pregnancy and all that associated stuff can worsen myopia, so that may have been why they were so bad a few years ago (we're basing my old prescription on those ancient glasses...). Anyhow, I think it probably helps that I'm not constantly hitting the books any more. You hardly ever see a brainy student without glasses, if you think about it!
So...my appointment for the Lasik surgery is set for June 13th. I was lucky to meet a fellow FIGHT class member working there, and he gave me 20% off (his max discount) of my total cost-- which is substantial! Lucky me! Oh, and he said he'd give it to anybody I referred, as well--just FYI!
I'm so excited about it. It'll be fantastic not to worry about glasses anymore. This will mean, though, that I'll be holding off on taking any scuba classes for some time, though, as they make a corneal 'flap' in the surgery, and that flap will have to heal before I go putting pressure on it. Oh well, I wasn't planning on doing that very soon, anyhow!
E-mail for the greater good. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.
1 comment:
Sonya,
I love it!! It's so great to see new pictures of your family.
Love,
Toni
Post a Comment