Alex has his first flag football game of the season today. I was surprised to learn that he could wear his football jersey to school, in lieu of his regular school uniform. So there went my son this morning, in his football jersey--I believe it's what he'll wear for the game, as I don't think they wear all that traditional padding. I was quite fazed at the idea of my little boy wearing a football jersey, like a teenage jock in high school!
He is really the character lately, though. I guess he's still in the in-between stage. I declared last night with conviction, "Alex, you're two!" The silly boy drew a moustache and goatee on his face with a marker--a permanent Sharpie marker! He didn't realize it was permanent marker--but neither does a two-year-old! Luckily, I realized what he was doing the moment it was done. I'd seen him carrying that Sharpie into the restroom, and it hit me in a few moments, "Alex, that's a permanent marker!" Fortunately, it mostly came off... He thought it was quite hilarious. I wondered if his behavior was due to some sort of strange food reaction...
I'll have to remember to take the camera today, to catch my boy in action--if he gets to play. Not sure exactly what his role is...mostly because I know nothing about the game and don't attend practices. I think he does the kick-off thing at the beginning of the game...
No comments:
Post a Comment