I have just newly discovered The Beatles, believe it or not! Before, I could have told you only that they performed "Yellow Submarine" and were fairly contemporary with Elvis. Oh, I knew about Paul McCartney and John Lennon a tiny bit, but that's about it!
I'd seen the piano book The Beatles Best for easy piano, arranged by Dan Fox, in the possession of a couple of other pianists, and I'd heard them play some very pretty pieces out of it, so I finally bought it for myself. I've had it for just a few days, and I'm completely addicted. About a third of the songs completely mesmerize me. I'm completely in love...
I actually went on YouTube and watched a couple of their videos for different songs. I just couldn't get how to play "Strawberry Fields Forever", which I'd heard was their 'best' song. If you listen to it (or perhaps you actually know it!), you'll probably get why it doesn't translate well into a piano piece.
As in love with piano as I am, I actually almost prefer some of their songs translated to piano music! Or perhaps it's just the thrill of making that beautiful music myself!
I think I saw that The Beatles Rock Band Track Pack is in production. I can't wait for that! How fun!
Michael has recently told me that he heard a report on how the drums for Rock Band actually are so like real drumming that people are learning how to play drums with the Rock Band game! Since he told me that, I've been happily drumming away, only giving him a chance when my poor foot gets tired from the bass pedal. Then I sing.
I just am not thrilled with the whole guitar thing on Rock Band--I suppose it doesn't seem quite real enough. It's alright, though. I'm probably just being snooty, as obviously it's the Guitar Hero phenomenon that made Rock Band popular, too.
Windows Live™ SkyDrive: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Check it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment