Welcome to my blog! I look forward to sharing my family adventures and personal musings with you. I hope this blog helps keep us closer to you, our friends and relatives!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Tooth Extraction with Acupuncture
I had one of my lower front teeth extracted today as a preliminary step before getting my lower braces. We found a dentist, Dr. Robert Miller with Miller Dental Group, who was willing to let us try acupuncture anaesthesia, and it worked! Michael, Dr. Miller and I were all rather tickled about it. I think we provided the entertainment for this morning at the dentist's office--and gossip for the rest of the week! Anyhow, acupuncture seems definitely the way to go there. I did feel pressure, and there was momentary pain, but it was very brief and not excruciating. I've taken some ibuprofen and I think I'm going to lie down for a nap now, but it was rather an exciting experience, and quite the validation for the effectiveness of acupuncture!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi! I just came across this post and am looking for acupuncture anesthesia to get a tooth extracted. I have a sensitive Central Nervous System due to an epileptic disorder which makes my body somewhat intolerant to local anesthtics, and I also have a cardiovascular problem which disallows me to have any kind of epineprine or adrenaline in my dental injections as well. So, here I am with a painful tooth that needs extracted but I can't have it done unless I am put under anesthesia - a route I definitely want to avoid! If you could please provide me any info on how to contact a dentist who participates in acupuncture anesthesia please let me know. My email is Finallyy@gmail.com
I am from western Pennsylvania.
Thanks so much!
We started to call dental offices from the yellow pages until we found someone willing to work with us. I suppose that you'd need to call up acupuncturists as well...or you could come see our dentist in Savannah!
Post a Comment